Monday, November 22, 2010

Potential life control issues: you can only piss out so many fires at a time!

Sorry I've been gone the past couple of days kids......the weekend came and went!


One thing I didn't mention in my initial installment is that I am an admitted emotional eater.  It doesn't have to be sadness either.....happiness is just as good of an excuse for an extra helping of salty, fatty goodness washed down with a half a bottle of well balanced acidity, tannins and fruit.  Oops....slipped in Sommelier mode.....ok let's put it this way.  A beautifully marbled, rare Porterhouse with all the trimmings and Bordeaux.  As many closeted (and outed) emotional eaters well know, the stress elicited from negative situations is what really drives us into the tub of Utz Potato Chips or whole pints of Ben and Jerry's.....what's your pleasure?


I have found in my own personal experience that nothing short-circuits the "control button" more than multiple, simultaneous ignitions.  Just as nature intended, one fire sparks another and another and so on until....wait for it......it is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!  And of course, from the uncontrolled fire rises dark ashes of "How did this happen to me?", "Stop the world I wanna get off!" and my favorite, "Really?  I mean, REALLY?  Are you F***ing serious?"  


I'm here to tell you that as I am typing right now, I find myself in a field of fire.  As a result, my stomach is screaming at me and demanding fried chicken.  See what I'm saying?  The correlation between fiery stress and my desire for food, hungry or not, is simple and obvious but forever daunting.  I will spare you the gritty details regarding the field of fire analogy.....but will get to today's revelation....


Since this blog is all about maintaining control and balance in one's life, I thought I might address my subject heading today.  'Tis true....you can one piss out so many fires at once.  As I sit here pondering all of the unnecessary crap that has popped up in my life recently, I realize that I can only resolve one thing at a time.  Prioritize, resolve the issue and move onto the next shenanigan on the list.  In between, go punch the snot outta Mr Sandbag at the gym and then grab a piece of fruit and 32 oz of water.  Prioritize, one resolution, snot punch and re-fuel to piss out another fire.  Lather, rinse and repeat.


This is my control mantra of the day.  Take from it what you will and apply as needed.  


Go in peace, my friends.
PJ

1 comment:

  1. Good one Pam....Very creative wording...You have such Talent. I'm doing the same thing one at a time at my own pace. Not gonna get shaken!!!

    ReplyDelete